State Board of Education Mission and Objectives
The mission of the public education system of this state is to ensure that all Texas children have access to a quality education that enables them to achieve their full potential and fully participate now and in the future in the social, economic, and educational oppotunities of our state and nation. That mission is grounded on the conviction that a general diffusion of knowledge is essential for the welfare of this state and for the preservation of the liberties and rights of citizens. It is further grounded on the conviction that a successful public education system is directly related to a strong, dedicated, and supportive family and that parental involvement in the school is essential for the maximum educational achievement of a child.
- Parents will be full partners with educators in the education of their children.
- Students will be encouraged and challenged to perform at a level of 80% or Better to meet their full educational potential.
- Through enhanced dropout prevention efforts, all students will remain in school until they obtain a high school diploma.
- A well-balanced and appropriate curriculum will be provided to all students.
- Qualified and highly effective personnel will be recruited, developed, and retained.
- The State's students will demonstrate exemplary performance in comparison to national and international standards.
- School campuses will maintain a safe, clean and disciplined environment conducive to student learning.
- Educators will incorporate creative and innovative techniques of instruction and assessment as appropriate to improve student learning.
- Technology will be implemented and used to increase the effectiveness of student learning, instructional management, staff development, and administration.